Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes topped with Blueberry Maple Syrup

In honor of National Pancake Day I cooked up a delightful brinner, you know, breakfast for dinner.  That morning I saw my friend Natalie was making Blueberry Lavendar Ricotta Pancakes, instant inspiration!  In order to make them Paleo / Gluten Free I had to change a few things.  They turned out amazing topped with Blueberry Maple Syrup. (and maybe a tiny bit of ricotta). 

ingredients-batter
2 large eggs
1/4 c agave nectar/honey
1 TBS vanilla
1/4 c water
1 1/2 c blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 TBS arrowroot powder
2 TBS grapeseed oil
blueberries

In a blender, combine the eggs, agave nectar, vanilla and water; process on high for about 1 minute, until smooth.  Add the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and arrowroot powder, and blend until thoroughly combined.
Heat grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.  Ladle 1 heaping TBS of the batter onto the skillet for each pancake.  Once a crust is formed drop blueberries onto the pancake.  Cook until small bubbles form on the top of each pancake; when the bubbles begin to pop, flip each pancake.  When fully cooked transfer to a plate and top with Blueberry Maple Syrup, and maybe a bit of Ricotta Cheese.

ingredients-syrup
1 c. maple syrup Grade A
1 c. blueberries (or any other berry that you like)

In a heavy saucepan warm maple syrup and add blueberries.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.  Easy Peasy.  

I am Jessie, a modern-day CaveWoman. You can contact me at thecavewomanskitchen @ gmail (dot) com or if you are on twitter you can find my tweets here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I love that you mixed blueberries and maple syrup - I bet that tastes amazing. I really need to update my recipe. I don't use pancake mix anymore... I think almond flour would be a lot better! :)

    ReplyDelete