Friday, March 25, 2011

Turkey Chili


ingredients
1 lb leftover turkey meat, white or dark
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced-I didn't add this, I despise green peppers
1 c corn
1, 32 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2 c chicken stock
1 1/2 T chili powder
1 T ground cumin
dash of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste

In heavy soup pot heat 1 T grapeseed oil, add onion and a sprinkle of salt, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.  Add carrots, celery, peppers, turkey and spices.  Mix well.  Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and stock.  Stir until well combined and seasonings are throughout.  Add corn.  Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, simmer for 20.  Top with green onions. NON PALEO: tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream.


I am Jessie, a modern-day CaveWoman. You can contact me at thecavewomanskitchen @ gmail (dot) com or if you are on twitter you can find my tweets here.

1 comment:

  1. The recipe I tried has you mix some coconut oil with water and add to the chili near the end for a little thickening and a flavor that I think is key but wouldn’t necessarily be able to name. I got this from http://products.mercola.com/coconut-oil/

    ReplyDelete