Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Garlic Elk Steaks

Elk steaks were one of my favorites growing up and now thanks to my cousin we have them again!

ingredients
4, 8 oz elk steaks
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 TBS grapeseed oil
salt & fresh cracked pepper
1/2 c almond flour/meal

In heavy skillet heat grapeseed oil on medium heat. Wash steaks and pat dry, season with salt and pepper on both sides.  Dredge steaks in almond flour/meal.  Cook steaks 5-7 minutes per side, just before you turn the steaks, add minced garlic.  

Don't worry if the flour coating falls off the steaks during cooking.



I am Jessie, a modern-day CaveWoman. You can contact me at thecavewomanskitchen @ gmail (dot) com or leave comments on my facebook page and if you are on twitter you can find my tweets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment