Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Make Ahead Egg Muffins

recipe inspired from crossfittheclub
ingredients
12 large organic eggs
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 strips bacon, cooked and cut into 1/2" pieces
1 zucchini squash, shredded
2 green onions, minced
 
pre-heat oven to 350.  line muffin tin with 12 paper baking cups. combine eggs, oregano, salt and pepper.  fill each muffin tin with 1/4 c. egg mixture.


add 1 tbs zucchini, 1 tsp green onion to the egg mixture
(use your favorite omelet veggies)
           add 4-5 pieces of crumbled bacon to the egg mixture.
bake @350 for 20-25 minutes or until the egg is no longer soft in the middle.

We like to make these at the beginning of the week and warm them up before our morning workouts.  15-30 seconds in the microwave.



I am Jessie, a modern-day CaveWoman. You can contact me at thecavewomanskitchen @ gmail (dot) com or leave comments on my facebook page and if you are on twitter you can find my tweets here.

2 comments:

  1. I made these with turkey bacon and they were super yummy and convenient. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these with some pork sausage in place of the bacon and they turned out great. Hubby and I both love them for a quick breakfast. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete